Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Making Panoramic Sugar Eggs!

We made some sugar panoramic Easter eggs last night!

(For those who aren't in the know, they are hollow eggs made out of sugar that you can peek into and see a sweet little scene inside.)

Be sure to click on the image to get a good peek at the chick inside!

Have you ever made these?
They are so much easier to make than they look, and they last forever.
Seriously.
I've seen vintage sugar eggs in antique shops!

Plus, it's a minimal investment to create your own family heirloom.
Heirloom -is that a stretch?
all you need to get started  is egg whites, a ton of sugar, and some icing.
And of course, an egg mold.
or several.
they come in different sizes, ya know.
I like the itty bitty ones.

We made blue eggs last night and filled them with tiny Easter eggs and fluffy chicks.
I'm hooked -  I plan on making more with my kiddlets over the weekend.
Now I want to run to the dollar store and see what I can find to decorate the inside of my Easter eggs!

Want to know how to make these? Check out this post for a tutorial to make your own!

3 comments:

  1. you make it look so easy... still a little scared to give it a try.

    An you are right about lasting forever, I have one that was my hubbys when he was a boy! Its underglass on display. Its just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should go for it really - it;s just sugar, not much to lose! :o)
    Thats so great that you still have hubbys - so heirloom isn't such a stretch after all?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Too cute! And yes, I would totally consider those heirlooms. When you take them out year after year, you will fill your family's hearts with lasting, home-made memories... You go girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Even more I love conversing with you - so please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your email, otherwise I won't be able to email you back!

Too shy to leave a comment? Feel free to email me(CherryBubbins@msn.com).

Thank you so much for reading & dropping me a line!
~Leslie
Cherry Bubbins

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...