Friday, April 2, 2010

So I ask, what the heck is this stuff?

I'm starting to feel guilty for not getting out and working on my flower beds. Winters snow has melted and my yard is exposed, nekkid, pathetic.
However, Mother Nature has taken pity on me and given me a brief extension...
Yesterday we woke up to several inches of snow.
I'm still enjoying it, since it's been so long since we've lived anywhere that got snow.
REAL snow.
And the hollow in our back yard looks so dreamy in it's winter coat.

Snow in April is normal enough around here, right?
well...
Last night we got some more snow.
With thunder and lightening.
Don't think I've seen that before.
Then, it sounded like it was hailing - hard.
Hmmmm....
But when I checked it wasn't really hailing...
Now - I've seen this on a very small scale a couple times since moving here
but never like this.

These little snow balls were pretty big - like a large marble!
And it fell fast and hard.
It ended up being almost 2 inches.
So I ask, 
what the heck is this stuff?
Hail?
Snow?
Is this normal for Utah?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Even more I love conversing with you - so please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your email, otherwise I won't be able to email you back!

Too shy to leave a comment? Feel free to email me(CherryBubbins@msn.com).

Thank you so much for reading & dropping me a line!
~Leslie
Cherry Bubbins

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...