Saturday, April 3, 2010

Tie-Dyed and Paper Mache Easter Eggs

This year we put a little spin on our traditional Easter egg dying method, and tie dyed them.
Literally
using silk ties
I got the idea from the girls over at Best Bites - they looked so amazing I had to try it!
I found my ties at the thrift store for 2 bucks a piece. Anthony did the honors of picking them out, I think he made some great choices!
Didn't they turn out lovely?



I was also inspired by Kim and Kris from The DIY Dish to make some of their faux paper mache eggs as well.
I love these because they don't scream EASTER! ya know?
They'd just look pretty for spring nestled in, well, a nest!


Of course we made some more of the panoramic sugar eggs as well, and Kadence had a friend over to join in the fun. I decided to try making one from a regular ol' plastic Easter egg, and it worked! Well kind of, I didn't attempt to hollow it out so it's not a "panoramic" egg, but it's still super cute.

You can find the tutorial for making panoramic sugar eggs below!

We had so much fun trying new egg techniques this year I think each one will become a tradition from here on out!
What ever method you use, I hope your eggs came out lovely, and you have a Blissful Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Even more I love conversing with you - so please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your email, otherwise I won't be able to email you back!

Too shy to leave a comment? Feel free to email me(CherryBubbins@msn.com).

Thank you so much for reading & dropping me a line!
~Leslie
Cherry Bubbins

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...