Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I Want a Convertible Dress a.k.a. should I make this baby or what?

I want this dress!
It comes in a million colors and can be worn in a million ways.
Oh, drool.....





at $196 -$246 a pop, the price tag is a little hefty for my taste.
It seems simple enough though...
so I began to wonder if I could make up something similar myself?

So I did what I always do when in doubt.
I used Google.

Seems that everyone who has made this dress inevitably points to this tutorial:

I also learned that this dress, although new to me, is not new at all.
It's been in and out since the 70's and as recently as the last few years...
Okay, so I must live under a rock. I've never seen this before!

hhhmmm...  I want to make it. But I'm wondering about a few things..
Will it fit my girls?
Obviously, a bra wouldn't work for most of the wrap styles.
Would the straps provide enough support to pull that look off?
Will I end up looking short and frumpy in it?
Exactly how much fabric do I have to buy to get this baby made?
Am I totally behind, is this so last year?
Opinions, Ideas, anyone??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Even more I love conversing with you - so please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your email, otherwise I won't be able to email you back!

Too shy to leave a comment? Feel free to email me(CherryBubbins@msn.com).

Thank you so much for reading & dropping me a line!
~Leslie
Cherry Bubbins

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...