Friday, May 13, 2011

Organizing Presentation at Quilting Guild



Yesterday I gave a presentation to the Ogden Quilting Guild on sewing room organization.
I started off pretty nervous actually, public speaking is not my specialty.

(In fact, I blush fiercely whenever attention is focused on me. Honestly, blush isn't even the right word -I don't think there is even a name for the shade of red I can turn. I've even gone so far as to buy a "primer" that is green to wear under my foundation, it's supposed to tone down that red hue. Seriously, you can't make this stuff up. Back to the matter at hand...)

By the end of the meeting I felt so much better! 
The interaction was great, the group was involved and even had some awesome ideas to contribute.
When all was said and done I had so much positive feedback I felt like a Rock Star!
And, can I just say, how freakin'
Empowering
it is
when you speak
and people actually
take notes?!
Blissful validation.

Now I just need to download my van and get half my studio my visual aides put away and my sewing room restored to normal. ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Even more I love conversing with you - so please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your email, otherwise I won't be able to email you back!

Too shy to leave a comment? Feel free to email me(CherryBubbins@msn.com).

Thank you so much for reading & dropping me a line!
~Leslie
Cherry Bubbins

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...