Friday, September 23, 2011

Red Door Adventures

What says "Welcome" more than a red door?





The door was a bland tan to begin with, so painting it wasn't a hard sell. 
In fact, it was a lot easier than I expected...

me: I want to paint our front door red, wouldn't that look awesome?
Sarge: sure
me (preparing to throw a tantrum if necessary): Really? ya know, I want to paint the inside red too.
Sarge: Might as well. If your gonna do it, do it.
me (now feeling empowered): I want to paint the kitchen door red too.
Sarge: sure
me: I want the inside red too...
Sarge: I think you should paint the family room door to the garage while you're at it.

And so with that conversation and a conveniently timed commercial for Glidden door paint we were off to buy some red paint. This paint comes in a limited pallet, with 2 reds.

Who knew? Another battle I didn't have to fight!

me: okay, which red? 
(please pick classic red... please pick classic red...)
Sarge: I like Classic Red
me: really?!
Sarge: Well yeah. If you're gonna go red, go red.

So, I went RED.

And I'm so glad I did! I am in love with my newly painted door.
It's just so shiny, and RED!


And I am so happy that I painted the inside too!


Next I'm going to tackle the french doors in the kitchen.
Though, I'm still not sure if I'll paint the family room door red yet...



2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Home improvement is always a fun thing! So glad to have you back. We are in Florida now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was wondering if you had moved on, knew your time was getting short!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Even more I love conversing with you - so please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your email, otherwise I won't be able to email you back!

Too shy to leave a comment? Feel free to email me(CherryBubbins@msn.com).

Thank you so much for reading & dropping me a line!
~Leslie
Cherry Bubbins

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...