Saturday, October 29, 2011

31 Days to Settle in After a Move: Be Selfish

 After each move my studio is the last room to be unpacked and squared away and sometimes it has been months before I am able to sew again.  And even though I am totally over-focusing on the task at hand - settling in to our new home- I am probably less productive because in the back of my head I wish I was doing something for me. Then I become grumpy & resentful. That makes me a fun person to be around. (We all know the saying "if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.")

Learn from my (repeated) mistake.

Don't put your creativity on hold because you have a huge to-do list.
Don't let guilt keep you from doing something just for you.
Don't neglect your hobbies or passions.

Death, Divorce, and Moving are the 3 most stressful experiences in life.
Would you ever deny someone a creative outlet or time to enjoy themselves after a death? or a divorce?
of course not.
So why do we do it to ourselves during a move?




Take some time for you, whether it's reading a good book, enjoying a pedicure or getting your craft on.
Do it, and do it often.
You totally deserve it, don't put yourself last.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Even more I love conversing with you - so please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your email, otherwise I won't be able to email you back!

Too shy to leave a comment? Feel free to email me(CherryBubbins@msn.com).

Thank you so much for reading & dropping me a line!
~Leslie
Cherry Bubbins

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...