Friday, October 7, 2011

Round Robin Valentine Block

I'm participating in a Round Robin (kinda like a swap) and this month I had to create a 14 inch block for a Valentine themed quilt. The owner had already supplied the fabrics she wanted incorporated, including the panels. 
(it's a Moda from a couple years back, can't remember the line...)


Now, I am not a quilter. I joined a quilt guild with the intention of learning to quilt.
With that said, I received this with 2 blocks already completed by other participants.
When this thing finally gets all put together I don't want my block to stick out like a sore thumb.
(oh, that's the one Leslie did. isn't that precious
and if you have never lived in the south, let me tell you, precious is not a compliment) 



You could probably already tell that this was the block I made.
It's way simple.
And, I totally cheated by using someone else's left over strip of pieced scraps.
Since I'm more of an embellish-er than a piecer I appliqued some hearts on the side and couched the word "love" onto my block. 



Honestly, I am diggin' the ric-rac "love".   
Now I'm wondering what else could I do with some ric-rac word art?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Even more I love conversing with you - so please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your email, otherwise I won't be able to email you back!

Too shy to leave a comment? Feel free to email me(CherryBubbins@msn.com).

Thank you so much for reading & dropping me a line!
~Leslie
Cherry Bubbins

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...