Monday, February 8, 2010

Why Monday is my (almost) Favorite day of the Week

I know most people don't like Mondays - some even hate it, but I really love 'em!
If I can get my Monday right, my whole week is smooth sailing. 
I avoid scheduling social obligations and appointments on Mondays and I try to get all my work knocked out early so I have the rest of the day to do what ever I want.



Monday is the only day I really clean, sure - I pick up everyday and clean the kitchen after meals... But I don't dust, scrub toilets, etc (unless there's an obvious need) any other day. I know for some girls that is just wayyyy to much house work for one morning but I love to tackle it all at once and not worry about it again for a whole week. Besides, house work isn't such a b!tch for me, my mom owned a small house cleaning business and as a teen I'd help during summers and other breaks. I've gotten pretty efficient - and have found it's an excellent time to multitask by listening to an audio book. 

 Monday morning everyone is guaranteed what ever they want to wear is clean and ready to go, because Sunday is my laundry day (yes, once again a chore I only do weekly)- so this means smooth sailing getting ready for school/work/the day.

Since Monday evenings are almost guaranteed to be free I can cook something for dinner and not worry about schedules or a time crunch. It's a great night to make something more involved, or bake a dessert!

Last, but definitely not least - Monday is the first day back to school and work after the weekend. Well, duh, right? Hey, as much as I love my family there is something undeniably irresistible about that first day alone... My house is clean and smells wonderful, I can take my time getting ready and spend the rest of my day watching mindless TV, reading or playing in my studio. Then everyone comes home and they are glad to be here, relaxed and welcomed and appreciating all this domestic bliss I've created. 
(::snicker:: okay, maybe that last pasrt is a bit of an exaggeration, but I can dream, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Even more I love conversing with you - so please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your email, otherwise I won't be able to email you back!

Too shy to leave a comment? Feel free to email me(CherryBubbins@msn.com).

Thank you so much for reading & dropping me a line!
~Leslie
Cherry Bubbins

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...