Monday, March 8, 2010

Don't Forget to Floss! (your serger, that is)

If the tension on your serger is giving you headaches, it may be time to floss!
Seriously! 
After my last post about my pain in the butt serger I did manage to get my little stitch finger glued back on and working properly - but I was still fighting with the tension on the left needle. Ugh!
After screwing with the dial for a million hours and going through a million yards of fabric just to "test" the settings, I had a total "duh!" moment. ...maybe there's thread, dust, or something caught up in there and irritating it.
(kinda like when you get a raspberry seed stuck between your back teeth, right?
Sooo, I ran some dental floss back and forth through the tension disks,
(hey, it works on raspberry seeds...)
 Voila! No more Tension Headaches!!
Seriously - check out these before and after pics and you'll see why we were constantly battling:

So, for now we are getting along. But I won't hold my breath...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Even more I love conversing with you - so please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your email, otherwise I won't be able to email you back!

Too shy to leave a comment? Feel free to email me(CherryBubbins@msn.com).

Thank you so much for reading & dropping me a line!
~Leslie
Cherry Bubbins

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...