Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Princess Seam Progress a.k.a. Full Blown Tantrum

Last night some friends and I met up for our monthly Fitting Group in Salt Lake.
This is the 3rd month meeting  that I have worked on my princess seam bodice.
And I know everyone is waiting with bated breath, wondering
"Just how did that princess seamed fitting thing work out for you?"

welll.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
wait for it....
.
.
.
.
.
.
It Didn't


This is what it looks like after I have thrown a tantrum.
Not pretty.
I have spent hours measuring, slashing, spreading, taping...
And not alone, either. Tamara, my Fitting Goddess has helped me every step of the way.
No matter how we adjusted it or what we did we couldn't get it quite right.
At the end of the night, we agreed it was possibly salvageable...
...but...
 ...we both just really wanted to shred it and start over.
So, that's exactly what I'll be doing.

Now, saying this, I realize it wasn't fair to just share a picture of my resulting tantrum.
So, I smoothed it back out (sort of..) and took another picture so you could appreciate all our efforts and understand why I'd like to set the friggin' thing on fire.



Isn't that crazy? There is more Swedish tracing paper than pattern tissue!
And this pattern is my size - really! All this for just a bust alteration.

I seriously intend to hit this hard and get it right next month...
because, well once I master the princess seam, I've got a few more patterns I want to take on...


 
McCalls 5800 is the pattern I am currently dueling with. I'm using view A currently, but might just opt for B's neckline this next go 'round. For 0598 I like the raglan sleeve and full skirt. CUTE!
I find a fitted bodice and flared skirt is the best way to balance my girls with my (boyish) hips. KWIM?
I can't wait to make them - and have them really fit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Even more I love conversing with you - so please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your email, otherwise I won't be able to email you back!

Too shy to leave a comment? Feel free to email me(CherryBubbins@msn.com).

Thank you so much for reading & dropping me a line!
~Leslie
Cherry Bubbins

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...