Friday, November 4, 2011

Mailbox Make-Over

You may remember seeing my mailbox in this recent  31 days post.
 It was in pretty sad shape, with a bad paint job that was starting to fade and rust.


Add a bit of spray paint and some vinyl....


and, ta-da!


I used RustOleum in a brown hammered finish. This paint is made to go directly over rust and hide any ugliness imperfections in metal. Perfect! Even better? I had it on hand already, so I didn't have to spend a dime!

This is the first time I've used my Silhouette to cut vinyl.
I made a ridiculous mess of the situation. 
I kept getting the vinyl stuck to itself,
then the transfer paper stuck to itself,
then somehow stuck to each other, wrong sides together. 
It took a couple of tries, but I now know exactly what not to do next time.

Okay, so it won't win any honors, but it's no longer the ugliest box on the street. 
Yay me! Sucks to be you white mailbox 3 houses down!


Yes, yes, it has been brought to my attention that I should have done something with the post while I was at it. Oh well, I'll get to it someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Even more I love conversing with you - so please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your email, otherwise I won't be able to email you back!

Too shy to leave a comment? Feel free to email me(CherryBubbins@msn.com).

Thank you so much for reading & dropping me a line!
~Leslie
Cherry Bubbins

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...